Communicator Mercury is sparring with war-monger Mars and structural engineer Saturn on Wednesday and Thursday.
By Susan Abbott Gidel
April 3, 2018
(All times Eastern)
The war of words over trade matters could continue on Wednesday, April 4 and Thursday, April 5 as Mercury makes exact 90-degree angles to Mars and Saturn.
Mercury is feisty in the sign of Aries, and has no problem stirring up the pot with old news while in retrograde motion. Mercury is square to Mars at 3:05 am Wednesday, putting the emphasis on war and aggression. Mercury is square to Saturn the following morning, at 4:22 am, which emphasizes the structure of business and government.
BTW—The spike in ES volume on Monday, April 2 occurred in the 11:35-11:40 am period, just minutes before Mars and Saturn were conjunct in Capricorn at 11:44 am. Both planets are extremely strong in Capricorn, and make this connection—which says move forward with strategic plans—just once every 29 years.
Wednesday’s reports include:
- Tuesday 8:30 pm Japan PMI Composite
- Tuesday 8:30 pm Australia Retail Sales
- Tuesday 9:00 pm China General Services PMI
- 4:30 am Great Britain PMI Construction
- 5:00 am Eurozone HICP Flash
- 10:30 am US EIA Petroleum Status
Thursday’s reports include:
- 3:15 am Switzerland CPI
- 3:50 am France PMI Composite
- 3:55 am Germany PMI Composite
- 4:00 am Eurozone PMI Composite
- 4:30 am Great Britain CIPS/PMI Services Index
- 5:00 am Reserve Bank of India
- 8:30 am US Jobless Claims
- 8:30 am Canada Merchandise Trade